Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Veggie Chili : remodel dinner #9


Here's another simple one. Chili, in the electric skillet (of course!). I chopped up about 3 or 4 spring onions, a stalk of green garlic and one each red and green bell pepper. Sauteed in olive oil until starting to soften, then stirred in about 2 Tbsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin and 1-2 tsp dried oregano. After that i added a can of diced tomatoes ( I got basil, garlic and oregano by mistake, but it worked out fine) and a big can of kidney beans. Normally I would drain and rinse the beans, but my lack of a sink caused me to be lazy and dump the whole shebang in the pan. Because of this, it took a little while for all of the liquid to boil away, but the chili was pretty good.



We had it with flour tortillas while watching the Celtics get badly beaten by the Lakers. Game 7 should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment