Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Carrot Salad Recipe


Now, before you go running screaming from the building, this is not your typical carrot/mayo/raisin concoction. If you're a fan of those, please excuse me. This salad is more savory, has no mayo, and is one of my favorite ways to eat carrots. Exact measurements are tricky, as it all depends on how much you are making, but I will do my best.

2-4 Carrots, grated (I like to use my handy dandy cheese grater, but if you are making a ton, a food processor would make quicker work of the job)
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed or Minced
Pinch of Dried Basil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Pinch Sugar if the salad seems too tart
Sliced Green Onions (Optional, but a nice addition if you have them)

Whisk everything but the carrots in a bowl. Add the carrots and toss to coat. Adjust the seasonings as needed. Easy, quick and delicious. This salad does not keep exceptionally well, so try to eat it within about an hour of preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment