Saturday, September 9, 2017

Southwest Quinoa Salad









Southwest Quinoa Salad

1 - 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (I like to cook mine in veggie broth for more flavor)

Dressing : 

1 tbsp or so olive oil
1 tbps or so chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp dried Mexican Oregano
juice of one lime
salt and pepper to taste



chopped veggies of choice, this time I used: 

one carrot
one small zucchini
about 6 green beans (raw)
two green onions
a handful of cherry tomatoes
a handful of fresh cilantro

but seriously use anything. Whatever you have on hand and you think will taste good.

1 14 oz. can corn
1 14 oz. can beans (black, kidney, garbanzos, pinto...whatever you have on hand) I used kidney this time


Whisk the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the quinoa and chopped veggies. Add in the beans and corn and stir to combine everything. Serve now or chill for later use.

I like to make a big batch of this and eat it for lunch until it's gone, so I know it lasts at least 4-5 days in the fridge.

For dinner tonight I served this over a bed of spring salad mix with some sliced avocado. Deeee-lish!




No comments:

Post a Comment