Thursday, September 7, 2017

Barbecue Tofu



I am finding my favorite way to eat tofu is grilled. I have made this spicy Asian tofu over and over again, but was having a hard time finding another flavor profile that was as good. Finally I decided to try regular old barbecue sauce, and it was delicious! Also super-simple which equals a big win in my book.



Barbecue Tofu

One block of extra-firm tofu
barbecue sauce of choice (This one is my favorite : Big Daddy Sam's)
oil for greasing the grill

Cut your tofu into roughly 1/2 inch planks and press wrapped in towels between two cutting boards (top one weighted) for 30 minutes or so.

Brush the planks with barbecue sauce on both sides. Let marinade until ready to cook, but at least 20 minutes.

Get your grill pan or grill nice and greased up, then heat to medium-high to high heat. Grill the tofu planks for about 5-6 minutes per side, turning a quarter turn halfway through to get the cool grill criss cross marks.

Brush with extra sauce if desired and serve. 

These were great as is with some grilled veg, but also made a delicious sandwich with avocado, red onion, and salad mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment