Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chicken Stew : remodel dinner #31


With the chicken that didn't become fajitas I decided to put together a stew. We got potatoes and spinach from out CSA farm yesterday, so those went in to. I cut up and onion and some garlic and sauteed them until pretty soft with a small palmful of crushed red pepper flakes. Then I pushed them to the side of the pan and added the chicken which I had cut into biggish bite sized pieces. After the chicken had browned, I added about a cup of white wine and stirred it around and let it reduce a bit. Then I added some chicken broth (maybe a cup) and dijon mustard (maybe 2 tsp.), put the lid on and let it cook about 10 minutes. Next came some small red potatoes and another 10 minutes or so of cooking. Last I added the spinach and let it wilt. Voila! Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment