Sunday, September 24, 2017

Marinated Grilled Tofu



Marinated Grilled Tofu


I wanted to come up with a sexy name for this, but I just could not. It's a super-simple dish. Tofu simply marinated, and then cooked on the grill pan. You could probably pan-fry it or bake it as well, but I really think the grilling gives it extra flavor. I like this brand of tofu because it comes in two smaller blocks, and since it's usually just me eating it, I don't have to prepare more than I can eat in a day or two.

One block of tofu, about 8 oz., sliced into thirds and pressed between towels to remove moisture.
2 Tbsp or so of water
1/2 Tbsp or so of olive oil
1/2 tsp. onion granules (or powder)
1/2 tsp garlic granules (or powder)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry thyme
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp dry oregano
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
juice of 1/2 a lemon

While the tofu is being pressed, combine the remaining ingredients in a vessel suitable for holding the tofu planks. Place the tofu in the marinade and turn over a few times to ensure good coverage. Marinade for at least 20 minutes, up to several hours. If more than 20 minutes, refrigerate until ready to cook.

Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat and OIL WELL.  I also suggest spraying the tofu planks with spray oil so they don't stick.

Cook for about 8 minutes per side, turning 1/2 turn after 4 minutes for the groovy grill marks. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment