Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This week's bounty

What inspires me?

This week's CSA share. The green stuff in the back is kale, swiss chard, arugula, parsley, and beet greens (attached to the yellow beets in front). We also have red kabocha squash, apples, red onions, broccoli, carrots, sweet and hot peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes. Oh my! And a tiny head of lettuce that didn't make it into the photo.

What I usually do is look at the mound of veggies on the counter and hope I get inspired to think of ideas to use them all up. ; ) I am a bit surprised by the sweet peppers this week. I thought last week was the last of them, so I made a spicy roasted pepper and tomato soup. This week I am thinking either chili (Not so) verde or maybe Thai curry. Stuffed kabocha squash, apple galette, some sort of greens soup, roasted beets with their greens....hrm. I will be posting more recipes in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment