Monday, November 16, 2009

Cranberry Sauce Recipe


Thanksgiving is next week! I know I said I would be posting Thanksgiving recipes, but last week I got sidetracked by apples. So this week, I will be posting some of my favorite Thanksgiving side dish recipes. I know for many people Thanksgiving is all about the turkey, but I love me my veggie sides. Of course, you can't have Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce, so here is mine.



Cranberry Sauce

12 Ounces Fresh Cranberries
1 Cup Cranberry Juice
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Cointreau

(I know there is an orange in the picture. Sometimes I put orange zest in as well, but this turned out orangy enough with just the Cointreau, so I left it out)


Bring the cranberries and juice to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until it's pretty thick and most of the juice has cooked off, about 10 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and Cointreau. Taste and add more sugar, Cointreau (or orange zest) as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment