Sunday, November 19, 2017

Spinach, roasted butternut, pomegranate salad with cashews and maple mustard balsamic dressing



Spinach, roasted butternut, pomegranate salad with cashews and maple mustard balsamic dressing




I made this salad last night for dinner and it was really good. I will try to document amounts here, but you can use whatever amounts of each ingredient that you like. Also, any nuts will probably work. I have a lot of cashews on hands, so that is what I used. Ditto the salad greens. I had spinach, so that is what I used, but anything you like will work.

For the salad:

Salad greens of choice
Cubed butternut squash, roasted at 375 for about 25 minutes until soft and beginning to brown
Pomegranate seeds
Cashews, roasted in a dry non-stick pan over medium-ish heat until brown


For the dressing (this is amount made enough for at least two plate-sized salads):

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Maple Syrup
Pinch Garlic Granules
Salt and Pepper

I layered my salad on big plate : spinach, then squash, then pomegranate, lastly cashews and drizzled the dressing over it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment