Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tortellini Salad and Roasted Beets : remodel dinner #4





Tonight's dinner was pretty simple, while still using up a fair amount of CSA veggies. While looking through the fridge and freezer for inspiration, I spied a pack of tortellini from Costco in the freezer, and this is where that led.

I put a 'steamer ' pot to boil on the extra grill burner, then chopped up about 1/2 a summer squash, one carrot, a spring onion, and roughly 1 cup or so broccoli florets. When the tortellini were done cooking (I cooked about 2 1/2 cups) , I drained them then put them back in the pot with the vegetables and about 2 Tbsp of Italian dressing and a small handful of shredded Parmesan cheese. I also added about 1 1/2 Tbsp of fresh basil from the garden, then tossed it all together and set it aside.

For the beets: I cut 3 smallish beets into roughly 1 inch chunks. Then put them on foil and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. I added a few sprigs of fresh rosemary from the garden and roasted them in the toaster oven at 450 for about 30 minutes. So aromatic! My sweetie kept saying "It smells like rosemary". : )

No comments:

Post a Comment