Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Farfalle with Summer Squash : remodel dinner #15


The veggies are beginning to pile up. I'm finding it's really hard to use them all when I am not cooking lunch. And it's really hard to cook lunch with a houseful of construction workers. Oh well, the remodel is moving along swimmingly. Anyway, in an effort to use up some veg, I made this pasta with summer squash.

Just cooked up some pasta on the burner on the side of the grill.

I also sauteed some onions and garlic in the electric skillet, when they were soft I added in a big summer squash that I had quartered lengthwise then sliced. Then I added a few pinches of crushed red pepper. When the pasta was done, I drained it and added it straight to the skillet along with a few splashed of chicken broth (veggie broth would make this a vegan dish). I let the broth cook off and sprinkled on a few handfuls of grated parmesan cheese and some fresh basil.

My sweetie made some garlic "bread" (English Muffin)


Voila! Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment