Friday, June 18, 2010

Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Potatoes : remodel dinner #11






Yesterday the workers were only here until 6. Which is much better than 7:45. I wanted to make a special dinner for my sweetie (no particular reason) and took my inspiration from this Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe.

There were three lonely pieces of bacon in the fridge, so I started with those. Fried up until they were pretty crispy, then took them out and browned the chicken thighs that I had sprinkled with kosher salt.



Once they were browned, I removed them along with most of the grease in the pan (soaked it up with paper towels because it was easy), then added a diced onion and a few tablespoons of chopped green garlic. After a little while, I added 8 ounces of sliced white mushrooms and a few teaspoons or so of dried basil and continued cooking until the mushrooms were brown.

Next I added about 1/2 cup of white wine and maybe a cup or so of chicken broth. I put the chicken thighs back in the pan, covered it with the lid and let it cook for maybe 15 minutes (I wasn't really keeping track of the time). I wanted to minimize the amount of dishes, so rather than make rice I just added some red creamer potatoes to the pan with the chicken and let it cook until they were done, maybe 15 minutes longer. A few Tbsp of wine with a little corn starch stirred in thickened it up just a touch. Then I chopped up the bacon and sprinkled it on top with some fresh flat leaf parsley.


I served this delicious concoction with a tasty green salad with ranch dressing. Yum yum yum! (Too bad the Celtics couldn't have been as successful as this dish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment